SALES ASSOCIATE - FULL TIME
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager of Events
LOCATION: Scottsdale, Arizona / Open to Remote
OVERVIEW: The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is a non-profit membership organization, with members and a Board of Directors representing licensed professionals, salons, manufacturers, distributors, schools, and students. PBA produces
two established trade shows and other related events annually, the International Salon + Spa Expo in Long Beach, CA and Cosmoprof North America in Las Vegas, NV, as part of a joint venture.
The Sales Associate is responsible for achieving
exhibit booth sales, sponsorship and advertising goals of more than $8 million through a combination of personal sales and working with an Integrated Sales Team comprised of PBA event sales, membership, education and marketing staff.
is located in sunny, Scottsdale, Arizona and offers a flexible work week, great benefits and an inviting work culture. PBA recently relocated to a state-of-the-art building, proudly boasting ergonomic workspace, flex space and an inviting atmosphere.
SALES ASSOCIATE KEY ABILITIES:
- Strong rapport building
- Effective presentation skills
- Organized and task focused
- Independent yet thrives in collaborative environment
- Ability to remain positive while overcoming resistance
- Meeting sales goals
- Negotiation skills
- Selling to customer needs
- Motivation for sales
- Sales planning
- Building relationships
- Managing processes
- Advanced computer skills
- Trade show & event knowledge
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage assigned general and key accounts.
- Facilitate revenue generation for PBA events and sales initiatives through booth assignments, sponsorships, educational opportunities, advertising and memberships.
- Provides telephone and electronic communication outreach for prospecting and closing booth sales, sponsorships and advertising.
- Provides outstanding customer service and follow up with current and potential customers.
- Understands and implements strategies for new lead prospecting and sales.
- Establishes effective communications with sales managers, support staff, other departments, executive management and members of the Integrated Sales Team.
- Supports PBA in providing a progressively positive member experience.
- Represents the Integrated Sales Team at industry events.
- Ability to work and communicate positively with all levels within the organization and with potential exhibitors and PBA members.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects
and competing tasks/priorities.
- Proven project management, sales and relationship development skills.
- Understanding of event logistics and floorplans.
- Proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment using the Microsoft Office Suite and browser-based applications. Knowledge
of A2Z booth tracking system or similar exposition management system a plus!
- Ability to travel overnight and have flexibility to work nights and weekends to accommodate annual events, board meetings and prospecting at other events.
- Beauty industry
knowledge a plus.
PBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary, annual incentive bonus, health, dental, vision, disability, group life & AD&D insurance coverage, ten
paid holidays, paid time off starting at 12 days per year, paid maternity/paternity leave, flexible schedules and a 401k retirement plan. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please email Bob Myers, email@example.com, to apply.