SALES ASSOCIATE - FULL TIME
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager of Events
LOCATION: Scottsdale, Arizona / Open to Remote
OVERVIEW: The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is a non-profit membership organization, with members and a Board of Directors representing licensed professionals, salons, manufacturers, distributors, schools, and students. PBA produces
two established trade shows and other related events annually, the International Salon + Spa Expo in Long Beach, CA and Cosmoprof North America in Las Vegas, NV, as part of a joint venture.
The Sales Associate is responsible for achieving
exhibit booth sales, sponsorship and advertising goals of more than $8 million through a combination of personal sales and working with an Integrated Sales Team comprised of PBA event sales, membership, education and marketing staff.
is located in sunny, Scottsdale, Arizona and offers a flexible work week, great benefits and an inviting work culture. PBA recently relocated to a state-of-the-art building, proudly boasting ergonomic workspace, flex space and an inviting atmosphere.
SALES ASSOCIATE KEY ABILITIES:
- Strong rapport building
- Effective presentation skills
- Organized and task focused
- Independent yet thrives in collaborative environment
- Ability to remain positive while overcoming resistance
- Meeting sales goals
- Negotiation skills
- Selling to customer needs
- Motivation for sales
- Sales planning
- Building relationships
- Managing processes
- Advanced computer skills
- Trade show & event knowledge
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage assigned general and key accounts.
- Facilitate revenue generation for PBA events and sales initiatives through booth assignments, sponsorships, educational opportunities, advertising and memberships.
- Provides telephone and electronic communication outreach for prospecting and closing booth sales, sponsorships and advertising.
- Provides outstanding customer service and follow up with current and potential customers.
- Understands and implements strategies for new lead prospecting and sales.
- Establishes effective communications with sales managers, support staff, other departments, executive management and members of the Integrated Sales Team.
- Supports PBA in providing a progressively positive member experience.
- Represents the Integrated Sales Team at industry events.
- Ability to work and communicate positively with all levels within the organization and with potential exhibitors and PBA members.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects
and competing tasks/priorities.
- Proven project management, sales and relationship development skills.
- Understanding of event logistics and floorplans.
- Proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment using the Microsoft Office Suite and browser-based applications. Knowledge
of A2Z booth tracking system or similar exposition management system a plus!
- Ability to travel overnight and have flexibility to work nights and weekends to accommodate annual events, board meetings and prospecting at other events.
- Beauty industry
knowledge a plus.
PBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary, annual incentive bonus, health, dental, vision, disability, group life & AD&D insurance coverage, ten
paid holidays, paid time off starting at 12 days per year, paid maternity/paternity leave, flexible schedules and a 401k retirement plan. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission. Applications for this position will be accepted until a candidate is selected. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PBA is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.