RULES & REGULATIONS
Using precision, skill and creative techniques, the NAHA Hair Color category honors artists who push color boundaries through precise color manipulation, placement, and application. These highly skilled colorists display unrivaled artistry, consistency and creativity and continually leave us in awe of what is possible with hair color.New for 2021: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic hair.Stylist Guidelines:
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic hair.
- Braids are allowed.
- May use one or more models
- Must showcase three unique looks
- Signed NAHA Hair Color Release Form
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Before Images*
- Three Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*Before images must be taken on the same day of color service. If using a wig, before images may be taken on a mannequin head or on your model.
**Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair