RULES & REGULATIONS
Top hairdressers use innovation, artistic vision and precision to define shape and elevate style. The NAHA Haircutting category honors highly versatile hairdressers who use creative cutting techniques to define features and showcase their creativity through haircutting.
New for 2021: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic hair.
- Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic hair.
- Braids are not allowed.
- May use one or more models
- Must showcase three unique looks
- Signed NAHA Haircutting Release Form
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Before Images*
- Three Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
- Technical Skill 50%
- Cohesive Collection 20%
- Creativity 30%
*Before images must be taken on the same day of service. If using a wig, before images may be taken
on a mannequin head or on your model.**Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair