Hairstylist of the Year
RULES & REGULATIONS
Honoring the best stylists in the industry, the NAHA Hairstylist of the Year category embodies excellence and artistry, and possesses a drive to elevate hairstyling, and impact global trends through their innovation, creativity, skill and techniques.
New for 2021: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic hair.
- Collection must demonstrate mastery of each of the following:
- Long Hair
- Short Hair
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic
- Braids are allowed.
- May use one more models
- Must showcase five unique looks
- Signed NAHA Hairstylist of the Year Release Form
* Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted
- Five Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Five Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed*.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
- Black and White images are allowed
NOTE: Images entered in the Hairstylist of the Year cannot be entered into any other category.