Student Hairstylist of the Year RULES & REGULATIONS
Honoring the next generation of talent and innovation, the Student Hairstylist of the Year category showcases student stylists still in school who demonstrate outstanding vision, creativity, and artistry.
New for 2021: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic hair.
- Entrant MUST be enrolled in school or performing required hours as of June 11, 2020.
- Entrant MUST NOT be a licensed professional as of the August 27, 2020 entry deadline.
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic
- Braids are allowed.
- Must showcase three unique looks
- Signed NAHA Student Hairstylist of the Year Release Form
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
- Technical Skill 50%
- Cohesive Collection 20%
- Creativity 30%
*Images entered in the Student Hairstylist of the Year cannot be entered into any other category.
**Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair.