GENERAL RULES & REQUIREMENTS
How to Enter
- Read rules & select your category
Review general rules, requirements what’s new and details on categories.
- Get creative & build your collection
Be sure to follow competition rules, requirements, category rules and image specifications noted for your chosen category.
- Submit your collection, release forms & entry fees
Entry opens June 6, 2022. All entries must be submitted by September 14, 2022 by 9pm EST/6PM PST. PBA Preferred and Business Members save 50% on NAHA entry fees!
- Tell Everyone You Entered NAHA 2023!
Download graphics to let everyone know you entered NAHA (Coming Soon)! Be sure to tag us with #naha2023 and @probeautyassoc
Who Can Enter:
- Entrants must be licensed cosmetologists/barbers*.
- Makeup Artist of the Year entrants do not have to be a certified makeup artist or have attended a makeup artistry school.
- Entrants must reside in the United States, Canada or Mexico.
- NAHA entry collections CAN be published prior to entry, and CAN be submitted to other regional, national or international competitions.
- Those recommended to apply for Educator of the Year and Inspiring Salon of the Year categories must complete their entries and submit by the deadline to be included. Inspiring Salon of the Year entries must be submitted by the salon owner or an approved
*Exceptions are for Student Hairstylist of the Year, Makeup Artist of the Year and Inspiring Salon of the Year.
For all categories, we strongly encourage entrants to embrace diversity, equity and inclusion by working with team members
and models who represent varied backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender, identity, age, religion, and size.
- $110 per submission
- $80 Student Hairstylist of the Year submission
- No entry fee for the Inspiring Salon of the Year or Educator of the Year
PBA Member Pricing
- $55 per submission
- $40 Student Hairstylist of the Year submission
Entrants may enter the same collection of images into as many categories as they would like in the same year only with the following exceptions:
- Images entered in Editorial/Session Stylist of the Year, Hairstylist of the Year, Master Hairstylist of the Year, Student Hairstylist of the Year, and Team of the Year cannot be entered into any other category
- Images entered in the Texture category may not be utilized in the Styling and Finishing or Avan Garde categories and vice versa.
Entrants can submit up to three collections per category.
- All work is accepted in good faith. Instant disqualification will apply to any entrants found abusing this.
- Entry fees will not refunded if your work is disqualified. Judging decisions are final.