RULES & REGULATIONS
Using skill and creative techniques, the NAHA Texture category honors artists who push the boundaries of styling natural and non-natural textures, through a high-level of expertise, skill, and versatility when working diverse hair types.
New for 2021: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic hair.
- Images entered into this category may not be entered into the Styling and Finishing category.
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic
- Braids are allowed*.
- Must showcase three unique looks
- Signed NAHA Texture Release Form
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Before Images**
- Three Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed***.Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
- Technical Skill 50%
- Cohesive Collection 20%
- Creativity 30%
* Braids can be incorporated as an element to the style but cannot encompass the entire style
**Before images must be taken on the same day of service. If using a wig, before images may be taken on a mannequin head or on your model.
***Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair