STYLING & FINISHING
RULES & REGULATIONS
From behind the chair, to session work, to the runway, the precision and details of Styling and Finishing is a vital component of every theme, trend or look.
The Styling and Finishing category honors artists who showcase mastery in creating polished finished looks.
Styling and Finishing – General Guidelines:
- Images entered into this category may not be entered into the Texture or Avant Garde categories.
Styling and Finishing – Stylist Guidelines:
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is NOT allowed.)
Styling and Finishing – Model Requirements:
- Must showcase three unique looks
- Signed NAHA Styling and Finishing Release Form
Styling and Finishing – Image Requirements:
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Before Images* (no larger than 8MB each)
- Three Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*NOTE: Before images must be taken on the same day of service. If using a wig, before images may be taken on a mannequin head or on your model.
**NOTE: Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair
- Styles should demonstrate world class finishing that complements an overall look.
- Styles should complement the individuality of the model.
- Photographs should display hairstyles that are crafted with a high level of styling knowledge.