BARBER OF THE YEAR
RULES & REGULATIONS
Barbers demonstrate the ability to complement and highlight features through design, shape, styling, and grooming.
The Barber category showcases expertise, dedication and mastery in techniques that include the use of clippers and shears to create fades, tapers and other looks.
Barber of The Year – Stylist Guidelines:
- Wigs are NOT allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is NOT allowed.)
Barber of The Year – Model Requirements:
- Must showcase three unique looks
- May use one or more models
- Signed NAHA Release Form
Barber of The Year – Image Requirements:
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Before Images*
- Three Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*NOTE: Before images must be taken on the same day of service.
**NOTE: Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair
- Hairstyles should be commercial, contemporary, and reflect current trends.
- Styles should be wearable.
- Styles should complement the individuality of the model.
- Images should focus on the hair.