Editorial/Session Stylist of the Year Rules & Regulations
Through their impact on fashion, media and culture, editorial and session hairdressers are some of the most revered stylists in the world.
The NAHA Editorial Session Stylist category recognizes artists who have an extraordinary ability
to create innovative and award-winning looks for print and media.
*NOTE: Images must come from a printed or online consumer publication (NOT a trade publication)
Editorial/ Session Stylist of the Year – General Guidelines:
- Work must have been published between September 1, 2020 and September 1, 2021.
- Work cannot be industry specific and cannot be used to promote a beauty industry product (i.e. not an ad)
Editorial/ Session Stylist of the Year – Stylist Guidelines:
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is NOT allowed.)
Editorial/ Session Stylist of the Year – Model Requirements:
- May use one or more models
- Must showcase at least three unique looks
Editorial/ Session Stylist of the Year – Image Requirements:
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Digital Tear Sheets and/or a link to the entire shoot if there were more than three images (if selected as a finalist, only three images will be included)
NOTE: Images entered in the Editorial/Session Stylist of the Year cannot have previously been entered into another NAHA category and the images may NOT be entered into any other category this year or in the future.
- Consumer publication is defined as a publication whose editorial content appeals to the general public or sectors of the general public (i.e. Vogue). These are differentiated from beauty industry business and trade publications which are not allowed.
- Beauty industry publication examples include, but are not limited to: Modern Salon, American Salon, NAILS Magazine, The Colorist, Beauty Store Business, DAYSPA Magazine, etc.