Master Hairstylist of the Year Rules & Regulations
This invitation-only category honors the top artists, educators and artistic directors. The NAHA Master Stylist of the Year allows the very best of the best in the industry to showcase their top work of the year.
Master Hairstylist of the Year – Stylist Guidelines:
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is NOT allowed.)
- NOTE: Images entered in the Master Hairstylist of the Year cannot be entered into any other category.
Master Hairstylist of the Year – Model Requirements:
- Must showcase five unique looks
- Signed NAHA Master Hairstylist of the Year Release Form
Master Hairstylist of the Year – Image Requirements:
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Five Before Images*
- Five Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Five Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*NOTE: Before images must be taken on the same day of service. If using a wig, before images may be taken on a mannequin head or on your model.
**NOTE: Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair