Student Hairstylist of the Year RULES & REGULATIONS
Honoring the next generation of talent and innovation, the Student Hairstylist of the Year category showcases student stylists still in school who demonstrate outstanding vision, creativity, and artistry.
Student Hairstylist of the Year – General Guidelines:
- Entrant MUST be enrolled in school or performing required hours as of June 14, 2021.
- Entrant MUST NOT be a licensed professional as of the September 10, 2021 entry deadline.
- NOTE: Images entered in the Student Hairstylist of the Year cannot be entered into any other category.
Student Hairstylist of the Year – Stylist Guidelines:
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is NOT allowed.)
Student Hairstylist of the Year – Model Requirements:
- Must showcase three unique looks
- Signed NAHA Student Hairstylist of the Year Release Form
Student Hairstylist of the Year – Image Requirements:
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Before Images*
- Three Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*NOTE: Before images must be taken on the same day of service. If using a wig, before images may be taken on a mannequin head or on your model.
**NOTE: Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair.
- Photos should display the harmony between the photographer’s execution and the student’s creativity.
- Does the work exhibit a breadth of the student’s talent as an artist?