PBA's Beacon is an elite program for students that provides top beauty industry students with a unique opportunity to gain career insights from leading beauty influencers, and network with owners from the most prestigious salons across the United States. There are four parts to entry, and in this blog we talk more about the last piece, the Video Introduction.
The Beacon video introduction is your chance to show us what makes you, YOU! First impressions are powerful, and this is your opportunity to really leave a lasting impression on us. The video introduction should showcase your personality while also showing us your professional side.
Here’s what we’re looking for in your Beacon 2021 video intro:
- Share with us why you think you should be selected for Beacon
- Keep your videos under 90-seconds long! Anything shorter than that is acceptable, but videos longer than 90-seconds will be disqualified
When you’re introducing yourself, consider answering these questions:
- Why do you want to attend Beacon? What are you hoping to get out of this experience?
- Why did you choose the beauty industry for your career?
- What beauty industry or cosmetology school achievements are you most proud of?
- What type of work culture are you looking for, and why is this important for you?
- What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in beauty school?
Make sure you pay attention to lighting while you’re filming, we want to see you clearly! We also want to see your personality and personal style but keep in mind that this is a professional presentation.
To submit your final video, upload to your online application!