Avant Garde is about breaking boundaries, elevating artistry and creating extraordinary looks.
The NAHA Avant Garde category recognizes hairstylists that create artistic, innovative, unique and experimental concepts that push our collective
consciousness about what hair can do.
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is allowed only if it does not restrict viewing of the hair AND/OR is constructed out of natural or synthetic
- Images entered in the Avant Garde category cannot be entered into the Styling & Finishing or Texture categories.
- May use one or more models
- Must showcase three unique looks
- Signed NAHA Avant Garde Release Form
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three before images
- Three unedited, unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed*
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*NOTE: Special Photographic
Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair
- This category is designed for innovative, creative and artful entries.
- Hair should showcase new and experimental concepts or techniques in styling, finishing, textures, etc.
- Think of unusual textures or fabrics not normally associated with hair for inspiration.
- Images should be NAHA quality and reflect beautiful hair.
- Styling hair into objects is NOT the goal.
- This is NOT a fantasy category.