RULES & REGULATIONS
Top hairdressers use innovation, artistic vision and precision to define shape and elevate style.
The NAHA Haircutting category honors highly versatile hairdressers who use creative cutting techniques to define features and showcase their creativity through haircutting.
Haircutting – Stylist Guidelines:
- Wigs are not allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. These materials should not interfere with the natural movement of the model’s hair and how the method of cutting is crafted to create shape and balance. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is NOT allowed.
Haircutting – Model Requirements:
- May use one or more models (Different models will show the various approaches to create the collection.)
- Must showcase three unique looks
- Signed NAHA Haircutting Release Form
Haircutting – Image Requirements:
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Three Before Images*
- Three Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Three Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*NOTE: Before images must be taken on the same day of service.
**NOTE: Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair
- Haircuts should demonstrate an elite level of understanding of head form and face shape.
- Haircuts should complement the individuality of the model.
- Photographs should be simple, polished, and clean.