Master Hairstylist of the Year
This invitation-only category honors the top artists, educators and artistic directors. The NAHA Master Stylist of the Year allows the very best of the best in the industry to showcase their top work of the year.
- Must be pre-nominated for entry and receive an invite
- Wigs are allowed.
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is NOT allowed.)
NOTE: Images entered in the Master Hairstylist of the Year cannot be entered into any other category.
- A collection of five looks. The collection must demonstrate mastery working with: long hair, short hair, up-styling, cutting and coloring and texture (wavy, curly, coily – the final look may show the hair in its natural state of wavy, curly, coily or manipulated into a straight look).
- Signed NAHA Master Hairstylist of the Year Release Form
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Five before images*
- Five unedited, non-retouched Images
- Five final images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*NOTE: Before images must be taken on the same day of service. If using a wig, before images may be taken on a mannequin head or on your model.
**NOTE: Special Photographic Effects are allowed as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair
Want to be considered for the NAHA 2023 Master category? Apply here >