RULES & REGULATIONS
The NAHA Texture category honors artists who revere and excel in styling every hair texture. This category showcases the art, beauty and versatility of the hairstyling craft required in today’s world and demonstrates expertise in styling kinky/coily,
curly, wavy and straight hair textures.
Texture – General Guidelines:
- Images entered into this category may not be entered into the Avant Garde or Styling and Finishing category.
- Each entrant is required to submit four separate looks, to demonstrate exemplary skill in working with:
- Kinky/coily hair
- Curly hair
- Wavy hair
- Straight hair
Texture – Stylist Guidelines:
- Wigs are permitted (See note regarding Before image requirements below).
- Natural and Synthetic hair extensions and hair pieces are allowed. (Note: Any material that is a headpiece, hair ornament or art worn on the head is NOT allowed.)
- The texture of the hair in the finished style is that which will be judged, demonstrating the hairdresser’s skill in working with that texture. For example, if a model with kinky/coily hair wears a straight wig the hairdresser’s skill
in working with straight hair will be judged; and a model displaying kinky/coily hair in the finished look must also be submitted. In this scenario or equivalent, the same model may appear in more than one finished shot.
- Braids are allowed and may encompass the entire style.
Texture – Model Requirements:
- Must showcase four unique looks
- May use one or more models
- Signed NAHA Texture Release Form
Texture – Image Requirements:
- All images must be in JPEG (.jpg) format
- Images must be 8x10 inches with a resolution of 300DPI (CMPI not accepted)
- Four Before Images*
- Four Unedited, Unretouched Images
- Four Final Images
- Retouching of the image’s color is allowed**.
- Retouching of the hair’s shape, texture or color is not allowed.
*NOTE: Before images must be taken on the same day of service, showing the model’s hair in its natural state. If using a wig, before images may be taken on a mannequin head or on your model.
**NOTE: Special Photographic Effects are allowed
as long as they do not hinder the judges viewing of the hair
- This is not an Avant Garde or Fantasy category.
- Entries should display wearable, textured hairstyles.
- Work must demonstrate world-class hairdressing and an understanding of textures from straight to coily.