(New York, NY) – “The holiday party season is here, and let’s face it, most of us are really just all about the HAIR! And, while some styles are fun to share as a DIY with clients, this twisted bun definitely requires the skill and eye of a pro,” explains Anna Peters, Sam Villa ArTeam Member and owner of re:TREAT Color + Hair Design and Studio @annas_hair_retreat. Get ready to twist things up with Peter’s holiday how to.
- Prep hair with a directional blow dry by spraying Redken Quick Blow Out throughout the hair. Using a Sam Villa Professional Light Ionic Blow Dryer and Sam Villa Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush, direct hair off desired part following the head form to the lower nape until completely dry.
- To create a sleek smooth finish, glide the Sam Villa Signature Series Sleeker Professional Straightening Iron over the strands 1” section at a time. Clip hair out of the way with dry sectioning clips to ensure there are no creases in the hair.
- Create a sleek low ponytail at the center nape of head secure with elastic.
- Using a small hair padding “donut” slide 2 long sparkle cords through donut and secure at base of ponytail. Leave cords hanging with lengths of hair.
- Take a small section of hair close to the size of cord and twist until section begins to twist up onto itself. Once entire section is twisted, drape and secure with grips or medium hair pins across the hair padding. Do the same with the cord intertwining the hair and cord to desired visual balance.
- Keep each twist tangle free and clean of fly aways by sectioning each with a long tail comb and combing through a styling wax down each section for hold and shine.
- Continue this pattern of twisting and placement until out of hair and cord. Balance is key, try stepping away often to take a look and assess how it is coming together.
“It’s fun to let yourself get lost in creativity and create new looks for the season, it’s the perfect time to show your guests how multifaceted you are,” adds Peters.
Wish list…give list…visit samvilla.com all month long for special deals!
Credits: Hair/Anna Peters
Sam Villa is Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of the Sam Villa Company (Allvus, LLC), a leading education and styling tool company for the professional hair industry. He is also Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5th Avenue, a L’Oreal brand. Villa is the recipient of the 2023 INKD Icon Leadership Award, 2021 NAHA Educator of the Year, Hair Awards USA Hall of Fame Inductee, 2021 AHP Icon Stylist Influencer of the Year, 2020 International Hairdressing Awards ‘International Hair Influencer of the Year,’ the 2017 NAHA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, Intercoiffure America/Canada Member, Behind the Chair Stylist Choice Award Winner for Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007) and Favorite Overall Educator of the Year (2015). His inspiring education and innovative ergonomic styling tools can be experienced on samvilla.com. The Sam Villa brand brings free digital education to everyone including hot tips and techniques, as well as access to livestreamed educational events. The company also offers professional tools for consumers so they can achieve salon-quality results at home with minimum effort.