The 31st annual photographic beauty competition celebrated the industry’s best and brightest talent with 75 finalists vying for a coveted NAHA.
January 25, 2020 (Long Beach, CA) – The Professional Beauty Association (PBA), is excited to announce the winners of the 31st annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the beauty industry’s most prestigious photographic competition.
The esteemed event was held Saturday, January 25th at the Long Beach Convention Center during ISSE, for the second time in the show’s 31-year history. NAHA celebrates the industry’s leading talent and features 16 categories of excellence across hair, makeup, and nail artistry, including the coveted Hairstylist of the Year Award and the new #NAHAMoment award. NAHA 2020 featured artistic presentations by Aveda, Olivia Garden, Amika, and Julie Vriesinga.
In addition to the awards ceremony, NAHA 2020 included a red-carpet reception welcoming NAHA finalists, previous NAHA winners, industry icons, leading beauty influencers, and celebrities to the show, including Fox News’ Amanda Salas, Candy Shaw, Ryan Weeden, Zach Mesquit, Philip Wolff, Alfredo Lewis, Matty Conrad, Nicholas French, and more.
Winners of the 2020 NAHA Awards include:
- Avant Garde | Rodrigo Araneda | Montreal, QC
- Editorial/Session Stylist of the Year | Lucie Doughty | Los Angeles, CA
- Haircolor | Chrystofer Benson | Ogden, UT
- Haircutting | Yuki Yasui | New York, NY
- Hairstylist of the Year | Silas Tsang | Ottawa, ON
- Makeup Artist of the Year | Katie Nash | Wichita, KS
- Master Hairstylist of the Year | Julie Vriesinga | London, ON
- Men’s Hairstylist of the Year | Ammon Carver | Chicago, IL
- Nail Professional of the Year | Cassandra Clark | Aubrey, TX
- NAHAMoment | Erica Reynolds Keelen | Jacksonville, FL
- Newcomer Stylist of the Year | Cassie Carey | Brooklyn, NY
- Salon/School Design of the Year | TONI&GUY Galleria | Addison, TX
- Student Hairstylist of the Year | Dorothy Greene | Columbus, OH
- Styling and Finishing | Michelle O’Connor | Hollywood, FL
- Team of the Year | Salon by Instyle Design Team | Plano, TX
- Texture | Norm Wright | Toronto, ON
To view the awards ceremony including interviews from the pre-show red carpet, please visit www.probeauty.org/naha to stream on-demand.
Event photos can be found here after 12 am, 1/26: https://probeauty.smugmug.com/NAHA.
2020 Winner NAHA Collection images can be downloaded HERE.
**Photo Usage: All NAHA images/photos are copyright of the NAHA and PBA. All rights reserved. Images of NAHA finalist entries are available for download, for editorial use only. No commercial use allowed. 2020 Winner images can be downloaded HERE. When using NAHA images, please include the NAHA logo (or name) with the credit “NAHA 2020 Winner (or Finalist)” followed by the stylist’s name and category. NAHA images must include “Courtesy of PBA” and photographer credit if possible. PBA and NAHA reserve the right to take legal action against unauthorized uses.