This year’s Executive Summit returned to Scottsdale for compelling insights on trends, innovation and connecting with 300 of the beauty industry’s thought leaders, top executives, and leading salon owners.
Attendees included executives from leading brands such as amika, Andis, Henkel, JC Penney Salon, John Paul Mitchell Systems, Kao, Living Proof, L’Oreal, Moroccanoil, SalonCentric, Ulta, Wahl, and Wella.
PBA 2021 Industry Insight Report
The sold-out event kicked off with the PBA 2021 Industry Insight Report, presented by Gordon Miller, Hairbrained CEO, sharing information on the recovery of the industry in the wake of COVID. Some findings included:
- Demand has increased for key services from a year ago, including a 32% increase in haircut and haircolor visits
- One-third of those surveyed expect a continued demand increase in 2022
- 71% of salon and spa professionals are committed to their profession, up from 66% in 2020
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
Followed by an industry update with PBA’s Executive Director Nina Daily, a deep dive with customer service authority John DiJulius, keynote speaker and business strategist Kaihan Krippendorff, and an in-depth panel discussion with industry experts.
The future focused takeaways throughout the day included:
- The fourth option. The innovative option that no one has thought of or acted upon. Innovators recognize the moment their competitors have stopped thinking and see an opportunity to go beyond the obvious and look for a “4th option”, says Kaihan Krippendorff.
- Be customer experience strong. According to speaker John DiJulius, we need to become obsessed with evolving the customer experience by prioritizing our cultures and making service the strongest competitive advantage.
How are you creating an emotional connection to your brand?
- Be conscious of what business you say you are in. Whether you are cutting hair or delivering service, Kaihan Krippendorff advises you to be aware of what business you are in and use it to define your strategy.
- We are stronger together. Look for opportunities to help grow and mentor future professionals and build a foundation for career longevity. Listen to up-and-coming professionals for new and creative concepts and be open to new ideas.
Opportunities don’t go away; they go to someone else.
In addition to the stellar lineup of speakers, attendees were able to attend networking breaks and make new connections. The PBA Executive Summit is the not to miss event of the year. Save the date for 2022 - nov. 16 & 17, 2022.