FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Scottsdale, AZ (October 16, 2019) – The International Salon and Spa Expo (ISSE), the largest professional beauty event on the West Coast, returns for its 21st edition January 25th - January 27, 2020 at the Long Beach Convention Center.
Produced by the Professional Beauty Association (PBA), the largest and most inclusive trade organization representing the entire beauty industry, ISSE 2020 features interactive education from the industry’s top hair, skin, nail, and makeup educators and influencers, unique experiences, and new and innovative exhibitors. ISSE also features the North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the professional beauty industry’s most prestigious awards show, and Beacon, the elite student program designed to jumpstart their career. Tickets go on sale October 16th, 2019 with specials exclusively for PBA members; purchase at https://probeauty.org/isse/.
ISSE has curated more than 200 different classes and workshops led by the industry’s biggest and brightest, the smartest and savviest; all designed to empower and inspire, educate, connect, and create -- in just three days. By hosting these inspiring, hands-on education opportunities across business, marketing, skincare, haircare, makeup, barbering, and nails in one place, ISSE 2020 enables each beauty professional the opportunity to be in the driver's seat to take their career wherever they want it to go.
Featuring special events, fun photo booths, a VIP PBA Member Lounge, a new networking area and more, ISSE is a great way to beat the winter blues and explore beautiful sunny Southern California. With over 300 exhibitors, ISSE is yet again the west coast’s largest cash and carry show, while enabling professionals the opportunity to not only learn about the game changers, but to take them home, as well. Top brands include amika, Redken, Brazilian Professionals, Dyson, HaloCouture, Matrix, Tomb 45, SalonCentric, Ouidad, Morphe, Olaplex, Wahl, Andis,
Morphe, Uberliss, Hattori Hanzo, Olivia Garden Ulta and Zenagen. Meanwhile, a new indie Beauty Focus section of the show floor highlights what’s hot in haircare, skin, makeup, and tools enables beauty professionals the opportunity to indulge in discovering their next favorite brand.
"The 21st International Salon and Spa Expo is THE show you need to be at to kick off the new year right -- with three days of inspiration and hands-on education, as well as the biggest and brightest brands,” shares Nina Daily, Chief Marketing Officer of the Professional Beauty Association. “This year’s ISSE brings new curated experiences, a heightened focus on skin, a must-visit networking lounge, and so much more to give today’s beauty professional the tools they need for creative, business, and technical success.”
Education highlights include:
- Matrix Color & Styling by Danielle Keasling In her roles as Matrix Artistic Director and Global Team Member, Danielle brings elegant esthetic to developing Matrix’s brand, image and education. She is a nine-time NAHA nominee and winner of the 2018 North American Hairstylist of the Year. Her work has appeared InStyle, ELLE Marie Claire and many more-even Lady Gaga!
- The Dress Code Project by Kristin Rankin: When you're transgender, non-binary or gender non-conforming getting your hair cut can create a lot of anxiety. The Dresscode Project provides resources and training in order to create an affirming and positive experience for all people.
- Hairstylist Success by Elizabeth Faye: Empowering hairstylists to chase their wildest dreams, scale their business + create abundance.
- Secrets of a Boss Lady by Candy Shaw: The Balay Lama is back and is sharing all of her top techniques - Skimming, Bowlayage™, Color Melting, Money Piece™, Minking, and so much more! Candy will break down her systems in a way that is easy to understand and ever easier to implement day one. Come hop on the train and learn why the power of the paintbrush can change your life forever!
- Everyday is Brow Day by Nicck Townsend: The east coast award-winning brow legend is sharing his insider techniques to master the brow game.
- Master Class Scissor Cutting by Nick Arrojo: Learn from the originator of modern creative razor cutting! Under his guidance, practice a pioneering approach to precision-based razor cutting through techniques like how to correctly hold a straight edge razor to exciting trends like creating space, texture, and freedom in the cut and style.
- Curls Gone Wild by Yene Damtew: Michelle Obama’s stylist knows a thing or two about texture. In this class, she’ll give you the tools and knowledge to master natural curls and texture.
- Get Handsome by Matty Conrad: Internationally recognized barber Matty Conrad explores the art of barbering -- covering everything from foundational basics, head shape and composition, clipper work, shear work, texturizing and styling, to social media and photography tips.
- The Esthetician Mentor by Lori Crete: The Esthetician Mentor will be sharing all of her secrets and systems needed to become a Booked-Solid, High Earning Beauty Practitioner. Lori is a highly sought-after industry expert and licensed celebrity esthetician. Owner of Southern California’s Spa 10, she is also the founder of The Beauty Biz Club™, a success-based society dedicated to helping beauty practitioners around the world fill their schedule, increase profits and break through to the 6-figure mark.
Additional ISSE 2020 highlights include:
- NAHA: The 31st Annual North American Hairstyling Awards, the industry’s most prestigious beauty awards show, will take place on Saturday, January 25th at the Long Beach Convention Center. As the leading hair, makeup, and nail competition in North America, NAHA is the premiere platform for beauty professionals to push the boundaries and bring their artistic vision to life.
- Beacon: PBA’s Beacon, an elite student program, provides top beauty industry students a unique opportunity to gain career insights from leading influencers and work with owners from the most successful salons across the United States. Designed to inspire and prepare students for a successful career, the prestigious Beacon program accepts the top 350 students nationally each year to participate and jump start their careers!
- Main Stage Presentations: Industry leaders Chelsea James and Presley Poe, Cathy Salerno, Chrystofer Benson, Cherry Petenbrink, Redken Inspires with Sam Villa, Brayden Pelletier, Jason Everett, Laura Chihaia (Lala’s Updos), SalonCentric, Candy Shaw, Lori Zabel, Sean Godard, Rebecca Taylor, and Elizabeth Faye will share must-see education from the main stage.
- Competitions: ISSE hosts barbering and nail competitions to celebrate precision and creativity.
- Charitable Activations: PBA will feature fundraising opportunities to benefit our charities, CUT IT OUT and the Disaster Relief Fund. The Beauty Bar is a great opportunity to support a good cause and get amazing products! Located in the PBA Hub, it will feature a mix of skin, hair, and nail products to sample.
- The HUB by PBA: Headquarters for all things Professional Beauty Association, the Hub will feature the PBA Membership booth, our top benefit partners including insurance providers, T-Mobile, Dell, and many more! Plus pick up your favorite ISSE merchandise as well as a chance at free giveaways!
Tickets go on sale October 16th, 2019. PBA members save up to 50% on ISSE tickets when purchased before January 7th, 2020.
Launched in 1999 as the International Cosmetology Expo and later renamed in 2001, the International Salon and Spa Expo is an international platform for Salon and Spa professionals and businesses bringing creative professionals the latest trends, newest products and live in-person education meant to help build careers and businesses. In 2020, ISSE shifts the focus away from product purchase and into innovative education to attract new generations of licensed professionals, while inspiring and challenging the current one.
Photography from 2019 ISSE: probeauty.smugmug.com/ISSE-Long-Beach.
About the Professional Beauty Association (PBA)
We're the Professional Beauty Association. We believe in redefining what it means to be a beauty professional in today's world by connecting, understanding, educating, celebrating, and fighting for the community that we -- collectively -- stand for and serve, whether you're working behind the chair or running a beauty brand. We aim to make your job easier through providing news, resources, blueprints, advocacy, recognition, and community, so you can focus on the things you love, like creating and growing your business. We're in the trenches with you, and out there advocating for you; because we are all in this beautiful industry together -- connected by beauty, united by passion. For more information, please visit www.probeauty.org.