Beacon is the PBA’s elite student program that occurs once a year! The program accepts the best and brightest of the beauty industry’s next generation to come together for 3 days to learn and grow from industry leaders and mentors. The application process has a few steps. In this blog post, we’ll be learning more about how to go about asking for a letter of recommendation.
Your letter of recommendation can really be what sets you apart from everyone else. While your resume shows your accomplishments, a letter of recommendation shows potential employers that past mentors and teachers also think you have what it takes to tackle a new job or opportunity.
Here are a few things to consider before asking someone for a letter of recommendation:
- Decide which employer or educator (they must be a professional contact) you want to ask to write you a letter.
- Be sure to share with them the purpose of the letter and always provide a date that you’ll need your final version. The sooner you ask, the better!
- Provide your employer or educator with a copy of your resume.
- Bonus: add any key achievements or qualities you think they might need to write the letter.
- Request that the letter is written and signed on company or school letterhead and ask that your employer or educator physically signs the letter before sending it back to you.
Always thank your employer or educator for writing your recommendation letter! With these tips and tricks, we are confident that you will have a shining recommendation letter that you can submit with your Beacon application.